Aren’t we all looking for a fresh dose of hope? Even two weeks into a new year and already things feel wearisome, stale and heavy. The new calendar couldn’t offer us much hope.
Fresh hope comes only from one Source. We rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character and character produces hope and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. (Romans 5:4-5)
As I grope for hope in places where it is found only in fleeting, temporal forms; I am reminded of five tips for refocusing and finding fresh hope that is permanent and stable because it is staked on the Anchor.
* Fresh hope is found on our FACE. The physical posture we take reminds our hearts of the spiritual posture we need. Repeatedly we see followers of God go face down throughout Scripture when they encountered Him. If we are after the fresh hope of God we may need to begin with a fresh posture, facedown, whether physically or spiritually.
* Fresh hope is found in REPENTANCE. In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, God told His people through Isaiah in chapter 30. When we recognize our weakness, sin and inability to be our own hope; or we repent of placing our hope in a politician, leader or pastor we gain perspective. We are to return our hope to God alone. His truth and promises will remain and are unshaken by illness, riots or political failures.
* Fresh hope is found in EXAMINING the Word. Remember your word to your servant in which you have made me hope. This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life. (Psalm 119:49-50) His word is our sure hope and promise that this life is not all we have, the joys here pale in comparison to the joy to come. His promise of a future hope with Him can give us the perspective we need on hard days to refocus on what is still to come.
* Fresh hope is found in STILLNESS. Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations. (Psalm 46:10) When we set aside the distractions and noise of the phone, the news, the world and we get still long enough to remember He is God and He will be exalted among the nations, we will find a fresh dose of much needed hope.
* Fresh hope is found in HIM. Jesus alone is our Hope. Why are you downcast, o my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God. (Psalm 45:5) When our soul is in turmoil over bad news, scary details and unstable outcomes, let’s remind it to hope in God and praise Him. He is our salvation and for that alone we can praise Him forever.
Hope is not found to be lasting when we stake our hope in man or in this temporal world, but oh when we hope in the One whose promises are sure! He will renew our strength and we will mount up with wings like eagles, run and not be weary, walk and not faint. (Isaiah 40:31) There is a hope to come, dear believer, that is worth the wait!
Drop your email below to start cultivating intimacy with God through His Word for yourself using my downloadable Tools for Tending your Soul.
30 thoughts on “Five Tips for Fresh Hope”
Since learning the lesson of repentance I have found true repentance has also brought me many breakthroughs. Lovely post. I am clinging to a different one of God’s promises each day for hope and a happy heart. God bless you my sister in Christ and fmf neighbour Loretta #4
Amen, true repentance leads to much breakthrough indeed! Thank you for sharing that! God bless!
Hope has a name – Jesus. Your post brought this song to mind … https://youtu.be/mj5FqFcrJF4
Amen, Joanne! Thank you for sharing that!!❤
Hope seems pretty lost these days,
and another night of pain
has set me down death’s road a-ways,
and it’s playing with my brain.
The only thing that I can do,
on which my heart subsists
is believe in what can pull me through,
the hope that hope exists
though all the signs are breaking bad
and all the auguries tell of doom,
that there is faith still to be had,
and that my soul can still find room
for confidence that God’s strong hand
can heal my body, heal our land.
Always, steadfast in Hope.
Hope is found in our face. How many times have I walked around with a serious face instead of a face of hope? Countless. God I repent.
yes, that is why hope comes when we have been on our face before the Lord in repentance. thank you for sharing.
Yes, our hope only come from Jesus, He is our only hope. Thank you for articulating that so well.
thank you, grateful it blessed you!
Fresh Hope…what a beautiful way to end this crazy week. 😊
Why are you downcast, o my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God. (Psalm 45:5)
I love this scripture! It is perfect on so many levels. Thank you so much.
grateful it blessed you, Susan. Thank you for stopping by.
“Hope is not found to be lasting when we stake our hope in man or in this temporal world, but oh when we hope in the One whose promises are sure!”
Yes, yes, yes! Amen!
Thank you for these wonderful reminders on where we can find fresh hope and Who our hope ultimately rest in.
so grateful it encouraged you, Annie!
Oh, that word, stillness. I took a pause in writing this comment and allowed myself to breathe deeply, in and out. The tears rise to my eyes. When I am still, when I choose to put the distraction aside, the voice of God becomes that much clearer.
Yes. Even a moment of stillness makes us a bit more aware of Him.❤
Thank you so much for sharing these beautiful words! So very timely.
so glad it encouraged you, Amanda!
Fresh hope found in REPENTANCE! Yes! Always! Love this!
amen! thank you <3
Love the scriptures you chose for your five tips. I’m also pondering your first point – being facedown, either physically or spiritually. Much to think about there!
Fresh hope is so needed by us each and all. What a great post for me this day. A reminder of all of the beautiful places where I can find the Hope of the Lord.
amen, yes so grateful for the Hope we have in Him.
Needing a fresh dose of hope today. Thank you. Visiting from the recharge wed. link up.
grateful to have encouraged you in hope today, Lauren. Thanks for stopping by!
Oh, Mariel! This is so good! We often look for hope in all the wrong places but your words have brought our focus back to True Hope! Thank you!
praise God, grateful it encouraged you, cindy!
True hope is found in our Lord. Over and over we need to look up.